Simple Steps to Online Marketing
Simple Steps to online Marketing
Using our E-Eyes brand we are bringing out a simple strategic planning checklist for your own online web based marketing plan.
This checklist will allow you to tick off the elements of your website that you need to adapt and change to maximise your marketing opportunities. The SEO checklist helps you to evaluate your website bearing in mind the basic tenets of search engine optimisation.
1. Primary Keyword/s- although you have a vast number of keywords throughout your site, the search engines place relevance on the most prominent keywords used on each page. So before you even start your site, you need to have a focus and explain what the site is about. That becomes your primary keyword
2. Usage - Once you have your keyword or words you need to use them effectively. Most search engines use the 'cloud' system, which identifies the strongest keywords on a page and takes that as an indication of how relevant your site is to certain search criteria. Obviously it has to make sense and the last thing you want is to 'spam' or create gibberish on your page. After all, whats the point of getting people to your site and then confusing them.
3. Links - Internal links can be just as important as external links. More importantly, keyword links have greater value in everything and helps the search engines by directing them to relevant content.
4. Friends- Whether they are partners, friends or affiliates, the more you can get good quality sites to link back to your site will help your site to achieve good position in the search engines, especially Google.
5. Clarity - After all the effort on the optimisation front, don't lose the clarity of the website by using techniques over service. Remember you are doing all this to drive people to the site. In return they are going to want easy navigation, simple services and a website that answers their questions.
That is only the start but by having these basics your site has a greater opportunity of achieving your ultimate goals.
Above all else the site has to have a clearly defined purpose. Get your site right and the SEO will follow.